Total Students Accepted per Year: ~1100
Application Window: February 1 – March 15th, 2022
The West Point Summer Leaders Experience Application is closed for 2022. Rising high school seniors who will graduate in 2024 can apply beginning February 2023.
You apply through the same page that candidates apply to USMA. For students flying from out of town, West Point will arrange transportation from Newark Airport, you just have to arrange a flight there.
What to expect
Get introduced to a completely different college experience by attending our SLE. This is a week-long immersion in West Point academic, military and social life. An action-packed week, it’s the best way for you to gauge the challenges you would encounter and overcome as a West Point cadet.
- 5:45-6:45 AM Physical Training
- 7:25-7:40 AM Breakfast in the Cadet Mess Hall
- The remainder of the day: classes, military training, athletics, and social events
- 11:00 PM Lights out
Academics Experience – You can choose from a variety of courses in different academic areas, including:
- Modern Languages
- Physical Training
- Weapons Familiarization
- Obstacle Courses
- Leadership Reaction Course
- Candidate Fitness Assessment
Athletic and Social Experience
You’ll play intramural sports and social events with other SLE students and West Point cadets. You will also have the chance to ask cadets questions about the Academy and the Army. The entire week will give you a good sense of whether West Point is a good fit.
What you’ll need to submit to apply to West Point summer seminar
You’ll fill out the Part I USMA Candidate Questionnaire of the West Point application and the workshop/week preference (Part II) to apply for SLE.
West Point has provided the following averages for SLE attendees:
- SAT 1200-1300 or
- ACT 26-30 and is in the
- Top 20% of their class,
- Member of the National Honor Society
- Participates in high school clubs
- Participates in extracurricular leadership activities such as Student Council, Boy/Girl Scouts, Boys/Girls State,
- Is in very good physical condition and/or a varsity letter winner and/or team captain in at least one sport.
Still apply if you don’t meet these criteria if you are dedicated to going to West Point! Find out more on the Summer Leaders Experience page.
You can also learn more about the West Point application process with our guide on getting into West Point.