Once you’ve decided to apply to West Point, the first step in the process is to apply to become a candidate.
The Candidate Questionnaire
By submitting the Candidate Questionnaire to West Point, you provide information to help the admissions team determine if you meet the basic qualifications to become a candidate. The Candidate Questionnaire is a tool for West Point to screen Summer Leaders Experience (SLE) applicants, so if you’re interested in seeing what life as a West Point cadet is like SLE is a great opportunity to do so.
What is on West Point’s Candidate Questionnaire?
- Basic information (DOB, SSN, etc)
- PSAT, PLAN or SAT/ACT scores
- High school address and ETS code
- Your congressional district
Is the Candidate Questionnaire for West Point Open?
Yes! West Point’s Candidate Questionnaire is officially open for the Class of 2026. The West Point application for 2026 is open as well and the application deadline is January 31, 2022.
Expect the Candidate Questionnaire to open for the Class of 2027 in the January of 2022. Typically the SLE/Candidate Questionnaire opens in mid-January of your junior year of high school.
You can start your application journey with West Point and fill out the Candidate Questionnaire here.
If you want more guidance on this process, we’ve created an online course to help you navigate the entire application. The course walks you through filling out your Candidate Questionnaire, filling out the entire application, and much more.
- The Congressional nomination process
- How to craft your essays
- Guidance on the medical DoDMERB process
- Acing the interviews with your Field Force Officer and Congressional nomination interview panel
- Preparing for the Candidate Fitness Assessment
- What parts of the application are most important to each Service Academy
The course covers all five Service Academies and how their application processes differ, in case you are interested in more than one Service Academy. We hope to see you in the course!